The Canon Pixma MP560 is a multifunctional printer which includes wireless and provides good-looking photos. Although the print quality is not really perfect and this printer doesn’t work well with cheap copy papers, you will be pleased if you are looking for a fast printer which supports various types of memory cards.
- This is a color inkjet printer
- Its wheel is easy to scroll and it has a foldable cover for buttons
- It is an all-in-one printer. You can use it as a copier, a scanner and a fax
- There are two ways for paper feeding ( the trays are up to 8.5” x 14” )
- It can connect to wireless network
- Color print resolution is up to 9600 x 2400 dpi
- It has the auto-scan mode
- It supports various kinds of memory cards, such as: Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick, SD, SDHC.
Guide Review – Canon Pixma MP560 All-in-One Printer
Like other Canon’s printers, the Pixma MP560 is still rectangular, so that it does not take up a lot of space on small desks. There is a fold-up panel. Under it are buttons and a small LCD screen. Many users like this design. There is also a wheel which is very easy to scroll. You can access multiple functions via this wheel. The output tray will fold down automatically when the printer begins to print.
You may find this printer does not work well with regular (cheap) papers. Fonts will be fuzzy and not clear. In case you use nice inkjet papers which are more expensive, the result will be better but not very ideal. So, if you need a printer which can provide better print quality with sharper text, you can try some other ones, Brother MFC-255CW and Epson Artisan 810, for example.
But when it comes to print speed, especially printing across the network, you will be pleased. It takes less than one minute for a Word document which has 4 pages to come out when you print across Wifi (the 1st page takes about 15s). Two minutes is the time the Canon Pixma MP560 needs to print a colorful PDF which has four pages. By the way, you may find that the colored graphics may leave the copy paper limp. Photo printing is much better: 39 seconds for a 4 x 6 photo to come out, colors are rich and deep.
In conclusion, although its print quality is not very good, the Canon Pixma MP560 has good design, fast speed and can support wireless network as well as many memory cards.
- This is a fast printer
- You will find it is easy to set up the built-in Wifi
- It has built-in duplexing
- It provides good-looking photos
- Ink may bleed into cheap paper
- 5 ink cartridges means that there will be more consumables to buy
- Prints will be not really sharp