This Canon Pixma MP990 Wireless Photo All-in-One Printer is an excellent one which has many great features. It is a 3-in-one which can print, scan and copy (it can’t fax). Moreover, it can print duplex automatically. You will find it is really fast and the print quality is great, especially with photos. By the way, there is no Automatic Duplex Feeder and you may need to use expensive paper because the ink may saturate cheap paper, so prints may be soggy.
- This is a color inkjet photo printer
- The tilt LCD screen is 3.8”. There is a foldable cover and the wheel is easy to scroll.
- It is a 3-in-one. It can be used as a printer, a copier, or a scanner
- There are 2 input paper trays which are 8.5” x 14”. There is also a cassette for 150 sheets of papers.
- It can connect to wired or wireless networking
- The color print resolution is up to 9600 x 2400
- It has the auto-scan mode
- It has 6 ink tanks
- It can support various kinds of memory cards such as: Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick, SD, SDHC.
Guide Review – Canon Pixma MP990 Wireless Photo All-in-One Printer
This Canon printer is quite big but it can fix rounded corners. Its buttons and its large 3.8” LCD screen are hidden under a fold-up panel. The large screen helps you browse photos from your memory card easily. There is also an “Easy Scroll Wheel” which allows users to flip quickly through different features. The lid of the scanner offers a place to fit photo negatives. This is really convenient because photographers can fix serious issues quickly and simply.
The Canon Pixma MP990 is a quick printer which will give you decent results if you use heavy-duty paper. This printer does not work well with cheap copy paper because the ink will saturate the paper. Moreover, don’t try to use its handy duplexer which is built-in when you still haven’t upgraded your paper.
When you use high-quality paper, you have no need to worry about the results. Black will come out rich and deep, so your text will look really excellent. When it comes to photo printing, colors are sharp and vivid. Your 4 x 6 color photos will come out with spectacular look and the ink will be totally dry.
Print speed is fast, especially when you print across Wifi. It takes only about 37 seconds for a Word document which has four pages to come out ( 21 seconds for the first page ). Two minutes is the time the Pixma MP990 needs to print a colorful PDF which has 4 pages, using the printer’s built-in duplexer. This is as long as several other Pixma printers of Canon when printing simplex that document. When you switch to simplex printing, you will have your document printed in just 58 seconds. But notice that when at duplex mode, the colored graphics may leave the copy paper limp. A 4 x 6 will take around 57s. ( You know, Canon says that this printer can manage this task in just 21s, maybe it is for lower resolution )
- It is fast
- The built-in wireless network is easy to set up
- It can auto duplex
- It provides great-looking photos
- The ink may bleed into cheap paper, so you need to spend more to buy high-quality paper
- There are up to 6 thirsty ink cartridges
- It doesn’t have an automatic document feeder
- It can print via Bluetooth, but this capability is not built in, it’s optional.