The Epson Workforce 610 All-in-one color printer is only about $100 but it offers us many good features. Its print speed is fast and its print quality is good. Your graphics and text will be good-looking as well as your photos will be nice with sharp colors. It also offers built-in Wifi which makes it suitable for home as well as small businesses.
There are some weak points, still. You may find its tiltable touchscreen somehow cluttered. Besides, you may also have some difficulties in getting Wifi to work. Honestly, there are many other better choices which are also Epson’s lines, but if you do not require too much, this printer is suitable for your home business.
- This is a color inkjet printer which can print duplex manually
- It is a multifunctional printer which can be used as a fax, a scanner or a copier
- It has 2 paper input trays. They are 8.5” x 14”
- It can connect to Ethernet as well as wireless networking
- Its print resolution is up to 5760 x 1440 dpi
- It offers a 2.5” tilt LCD display
- It can print about 38 black / color pages every minute at draft speed
- It can print PC-free
- It supports many kinds of memory cards
Guide Review – Epson WorkForce 610 All-in-One Printer
Nowadays, it’s really hard to distinguish printers of Epson because their line of printers has become so deep. They are competing with each other, both in price and features. That’s the reason why we can hardly compare them. For example, this WorkForce 610 is designed for users who have small / home business, but when you look at the price, you can easily recognize that this Epson Workforce 610 is competing against the Epson Artisan line. The Artisans give you better experience in setting up wireless as well as using the large touchscreen (but of course they are a bit more expensive than this Workforce 610).
The WorkForce 610 has 3 scanning modes. Office Mode is used to simplify document scanning. Home Mode has more features related to photo printing. Professional Mode offers complete scanner control. This may be overkill, depending on the user’s scanning needs; but you will find that it is really easy to use as well as configure the options.
The WorkForce 610 has excellent print speed. It takes only about 45s for a Word document which has 4 pages to come out. The text is sharp-looking, not far off the “laser-quality” stated by Epson. A colorful 4-page PDF takes under one minute. You will be glad to know that this Epson can work well with cheap copy papers. They won’t be saturated with ink. But of course the results will be much better in case you use better papers. Graphics’ colors will look really good because they won’t blend into the paper. Photo printing is excellent. Colors are deep and rich. Lines are sharp. Although this Workforce 610 prints a bit slower than the Artisans (it takes about one minute to print a 4 x 6 photo), but it is still very competitive with many other business multifunctional printers.
- It has fast print speed and excellent print quality
- It has built-in wired / wifi networking
- It prints duplex manually
- It offers a tiltable LCD
- You may have some problems setting up the wireless
- The console is a bit cluttered
- There are some feedbacks about jamming