The HP OfficeJet 4500 All-in-one printer is about $129.99 ( if you do not want wireless, it will be cheaper ). In term of speed, it is not too fast to be regarded as a demon. But when it comes to the price, it can be a really good deal. It offers built-in wireless and an ADF. You can use it as a fax, also. It can print duplex manually. Your text documents look okay and pages printed duplex may bleed through. However, you will have wonderful color photos which look lush.
- This is a color inkjet all-in-one printer
- It prints duplex manually
- You can use it as a fax, a copier as well as a scanner
- Its input tray can store 100 sheets
- The automatic document feeder can handle 20 sheets
- Built in wireless networking is supported
- Print resolution is 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Its duty cycle every month is up to 3000 pages
- Its output tray can store 20 sheets
Guide Review – HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer
The HP Officejet 4500 has a reasonable price but it offers many useful features. Built-in wireless, built-in fax as well as a 20 – page automatic document feeder are offered. It also has a manual duplexer and there is a plain interface. However, this printer does not support memory cards.
You may have to wait up to 1:11 to have your 4 x 6 photo printed out. But you will be pleased with the result. Colors will be true and lush and the sharpness will impress you.
This HP printer has a long warm up time. When you print via a wireless network, your first page of a 3-page Word file will come out in 23 seconds. The whole document can come out after 50 seconds. But when it gets going, the average time for each page to come out can be about 14s. A PDF which as 4 pages will come out after 1:35 ( around 32 seconds for the 1st page ). So each page will take around 21 seconds.
About print quality, you will have clean-looking black fonts. Still, you can notice some bleed. Pages printed duplex may upset you. Maybe you should spend some more money on high-quality printing paper.
The scanner works well when you use the Window interface. However, you may have to do a lot of set-up while you may not find out relevant information from the provided digital guide.
- Photo print quality is excellent
- You will find that it is easy to set up
- It has built-in wireless
- Its price is very competitive for a multifunctional printer
- There may be some bleed-through when you print duplex
- The first page may come out a bit longer than average
- Memory cards are not supported