The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a reasonable-priced printer for your home office, Pixma MP530 Multifunction Inkjet Printer seems to be a great choice. This printer is dependable, versatile, and offers loads of useful features which can compete with other models in the same price-range. Although you need to use a USB cable because this Pixma is not networkable, that is not a matter because you will soon find this printer pays off.
Guide Review – Pixma MP530 Multifunction Inkjet Printer
This Pixma MP530 Multifunction Inkjet Printer is a very dependable workhorse which comes with many useful features. The printer can work well with Macs and Windows, so it suits almost every user. Its price is under $170. Compared to the latest Pixma, this MP530 is about $200 cheaper.
The Pixma MP530 is a bit large (its size is about 18″ deep and wide). But you will be pleased to know that no plastic parts will jut out when the printer is not in use. This is because Canon has kindly got the output trays as well as the document feeders into or onto the printer. There is one 150-sheet built-in cassette for plain paper. This cassette can handle many types of stickers, photo papers as well as envelopes.
You will find it is very easy to set up this Pixma MP530 printer. First, just load the drivers (which are from the CD included) onto your PC. Then, the MP530 is ready after being connected to the USB cable. You can start to copy, scan or print. On the back is a phone jack. You can easily figure out how to hook up this MP530 to your phone, using the instruction book. That’s why it is also simple to get the fax working.
This Pixma Printer offers many advanced options for copying. Those include exposure control, duplexing, as well as a 30-page ADF (a document feeder which is automatic). You will like this printer’s scanning options because they are very convenient. You can save to PDF as well as attach your scanned photos to your e-mail. It takes about six seconds for this Pixma to scan one colorful 4 x 6 photo, in case you chose the standard quality setting.
About printing speed, it takes about 1 min to print an 8 x 10 photo and about seven seconds to print a black-and-white 8 x 10 text document. The speed may not be as fast as you expect but the print quality can satisfy you.
- The print quality is great. You can have excellent photo and document prints.
- It is an all-in-one. You can scan, fax as well as copy.
- It can print duplex.
- The document feeder is automatic, so it saves your time.
- You can find this machine is easy to use as well as to configure.
- It is not networkable
- The speed is slow when it comes to photo printing.
- It is quite big.
- It can print about 15 black-and-white pages/minute and 11 color pages/ minute, depending on the quality settings.
- It allows you to print borderless photographs and documents.
- This printer connects via USB 2.0
- It uses 5 ink tanks: black for normal text; magenta, cyan, black, yellow for graphics
- The ADF (document feeder which is automatic) can store up to 30 pages
- When it comes to copying, it can zoom 25% – 400%
- It has PictBridge compatibility (which allows users to connect the printer directly to their digital cameras)
- It is also compatible with Mac and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- If it were networkable and had media slots, it would become more competitive. We would have no need to connect through our PC or use the PictBridge when we want to print from our camera anymore.